I am committed to serving the 9th District and want to hear directly from you about your thoughts and ideas.
I will continue to work tirelessly to help create jobs, improve benefits for veterans and current service members, and stand up for what’s right for our region, including balancing our budget while preserving Social Security and Medicare.
Latest PostsVIEW ALL -
- Gun violence is exploding in America, and so far, there has not been legislation at the federal level to help reduce the problem. In fact, the Congress recently let a law reducing the availability of automatic weapons expire. This Congress has not been able to pass even the most commonsense methods to reduce the violence,... More
- For Immediate Release: June 8, 2016 Stockton, CA – Congressman Jerry McNerney (CA-09) issued the following statement on his victory in the Democratic primary race for California’s 9th Congressional District: “I want to thank all of the voters in California’s 9th Congressional District who helped make this victory possible. Now, it’s time to r... More
- We’re only three months away from the primary election in California, and my challengers are just like the Republican Presidential candidates – they want to move our country backward instead of forward. As your voice in Congress, I fight for you every day, to build a better future for all of us. I know a... More
Jerry's BlogVIEW ALL -
- To: Vladimir Putin From: J McNerney Subject: The Lessons of History Mr. Putin – You’ve probably already read this from my email outbox, but just in case you haven’t, I know the U.S. elections seem to be an easy target for your hacking machine. I also realize you believe that a weakened United States... More
- There are four legislative weeks this Congress before the election and there are significant issues that need to be resolved in Congress by then. One is funding the federal government. Funding runs out by the end of September. Another pressing issue is funding to help stop the spread of the Zika virus, which causes severe... More
- With August behind us and Congress getting ready to reconvene after Labor Day, I thought I would outline some of my legislative priorities for the remaining months of the year. Producing positive legislation to help make California and the western states more water sustainable. Develop consensus climate change legislation with fellow members who ha... More