McNerney "Get Things Done"
I am committed to serving the 9th District and want to hear directly from you about your thoughts and ideas.
I will continue to work tirelessly to help create jobs, improve benefits for veterans and current service members, and stand up for what’s right for our region, including balancing our budget while preserving Social Security and Medicare.
Latest PostsVIEW ALL -
- Gun violence is exploding in America, and so far, there has not been legislation at the federal level to help reduce the problem. In fact, the Congress recently let a law reducing the availability of automatic weapons expire. This Congress has not been able to pass even the most commonsense methods to reduce the violence,... More
- For Immediate Release: June 8, 2016 Stockton, CA – Congressman Jerry McNerney (CA-09) issued the following statement on his victory in the Democratic primary race for California’s 9th Congressional District: “I want to thank all of the voters in California’s 9th Congressional District who helped make this victory possible. Now, it’s time to r... More
- We’re only three months away from the primary election in California, and my challengers are just like the Republican Presidential candidates – they want to move our country backward instead of forward. As your voice in Congress, I fight for you every day, to build a better future for all of us. I know a... More
Jerry's BlogVIEW ALL -
- America leads by innovation. I don’t need to tell you how much science and innovation have helped make America the great country that it is, but I do want to mention Thomas Edison and the Wright brothers. That trend has continued right up to today with the amazing achievements of Silicon Valley and other tech... More
- The 114th Congress is now in the final lap, with only two more weeks left for votes. This week, we had a big win with the passage of the 21st Century Cures Act, which will provide billions for medical research over the next 10 years. Soon, we will be voting on an appropriations bill, probably... More
- Okay, I know, I’ve railed against Mr. Trump, and we are all sick of people railing against him, so I’ll try not to do that anymore. I want to instead address the anger that we see in this country. People are sick and tired of how dysfunctional our government is and want it to change.... More