McNerney "Get Things Done"
I am committed to serving the 9th District and want to hear directly from you about your thoughts and ideas.
I will continue to work tirelessly to help create jobs, improve benefits for veterans and current service members, and stand up for what’s right for our region, including balancing our budget while preserving Social Security and Medicare.
Latest PostsVIEW ALL -
- Gun violence is exploding in America, and so far, there has not been legislation at the federal level to help reduce the problem. In fact, the Congress recently let a law reducing the availability of automatic weapons expire. This Congress has not been able to pass even the most commonsense methods to reduce the violence,... More
- For Immediate Release: June 8, 2016 Stockton, CA – Congressman Jerry McNerney (CA-09) issued the following statement on his victory in the Democratic primary race for California’s 9th Congressional District: “I want to thank all of the voters in California’s 9th Congressional District who helped make this victory possible. Now, it’s time to r... More
- We’re only three months away from the primary election in California, and my challengers are just like the Republican Presidential candidates – they want to move our country backward instead of forward. As your voice in Congress, I fight for you every day, to build a better future for all of us. I know a... More
Jerry's BlogVIEW ALL -
- President Trump managed to deliver an address on Tuesday night to a joint session of congress that avoided outrageous accusations or rants, and was therefore considered a big success by his supporters. The bottom line is that Trump’s speech laid out no new policies, and just reiterated his campaign promises to make his base feel good. The... More
- Yesterday, the Subcommittees on the Environment and Oversight of the Science Committee held a hearing on the social cost of carbon, SCC, a measure of how much a ton of carbon burdens the economy through climate change impacts. The SCC is used to determine the regulatory measures of controlling carbon emissions. The hearing was like... More
- America leads by innovation. I don’t need to tell you how much science and innovation have helped make America the great country that it is, but I do want to mention Thomas Edison and the Wright brothers. That trend has continued right up to today with the amazing achievements of Silicon Valley and other tech... More