I am committed to serving the 9th District and want to hear directly from you about your thoughts and ideas.
I will continue to work tirelessly to help create jobs, improve benefits for veterans and current service members, and stand up for what’s right for our region, including balancing our budget while preserving Social Security and Medicare.
Latest PostsVIEW ALL -
- We’re only three months away from the primary election in California, and my challengers are just like the Republican Presidential candidates – they want to move our country backward instead of forward. As your voice in Congress, I fight for you every day, to build a better future for all of us. I know a... More
- It’s hard to believe that it’s already December. It has been a very busy year for everyone I know, balancing work, family life, and all the activities that fill out lives. I’m encouraged by the progress we’ve made as a country and the work I’m doing in Congress to improve the lives of my constituents... More
- Spring is almost here in Washington. That means warmer temperatures and the annual Cherry Blossom Festival, which is quite beautiful and draws folks from all over the country. As we all look forward to flowers blooming and hope for more rain at home, I’m pleased to once again report back to you about what I... More
Jerry's BlogVIEW ALL -
- It’s been a while since I posted a blog entry. I had been decrying what had been happening in the GOP-led House: the prominence of legislation that serves as political messaging rather than having serious legislative intent to become law. You see, if you want a bill to become law, you really have to work... More
- With the passing of Justice Antonin Scalia, the United States Supreme Court loses one of its sharpest conservative minds, opening up a potential swing seat. Filling Justice Scalia’s seat with a more liberal-leaning justice would change the direction of the Court and possibly result in different outcomes for cases that involve challenges to environm... More
- Background Most people understand that our government needs to be more efficient and effective. The Tea Party grew feverishly in 2009 because of concerns over high taxes and government spending, helping to win a majority in the House of Representatives and many state legislatures in the 2010 elections. I know there are problems with our... More