I am committed to serving the 9th District and want to hear directly from you about your thoughts and ideas.
I will continue to work tirelessly to help create jobs, improve benefits for veterans and current service members, and stand up for what’s right for our region, including balancing our budget while preserving Social Security and Medicare.
Latest PostsVIEW ALL -
- Spring is almost here in Washington. That means warmer temperatures and the annual Cherry Blossom Festival, which is quite beautiful and draws folks from all over the country. As we all look forward to flowers blooming and hope for more rain at home, I’m pleased to once again report back to you about what I... More
- Hello and Happy New Year! I hope this note finds you happy and healthy. I wanted to share a few thoughts with you as I look forward to working for you in the coming year. State of the Union Along with many of you, I watched President Obama give his State of the Union speech... More
- Dear friends, With the holidays upon us and the end of 2014 fast approaching, I wanted to update you on what I’ve been up to and make sure we stay in touch heading into the new year and new Congress. Our Victory Because of your support and encouragement, I’ll be heading back to Washington for... More
Jerry's BlogVIEW ALL -
- This week we considered three major bills on the House floor, all three of which are Republican message bills, and I had several significant committee hearings. I will discuss the bills first. 1. H.R. 1734, “Improving Coal Combustion Residuals Regulation Act of 2015”. My friend David McKinley, a Republican from West Virginia brought it to... More
- GOP Water Bill Does Nothing to Solve California’s Drought This week the only major piece of legislation before the House was H.R. 2898, this year’s version of the infamous water grab brought to us by Republican Congressman David Valadao. The bill would override the state’s ability to carefully allocate the precious water supply and simply... More
- A very hot and humid week in Washington was met with some very interesting legislation on the House floor and in two subcommittee hearings I attended. EPA/Interior Approps bill The real focus of the week was H.R. 2822: “Department of Interior, Environment, and Related Agencies Appropriations Act, 2016,” which had more than 50 amendments. During... More