I am committed to serving the 9th District and want to hear directly from you about your thoughts and ideas.
I will continue to work tirelessly to help create jobs, improve benefits for veterans and current service members, and stand up for what’s right for our region, including balancing our budget while preserving Social Security and Medicare.
Latest PostsVIEW ALL -
- It’s hard to believe that it’s already December. It has been a very busy year for everyone I know, balancing work, family life, and all the activities that fill out lives. I’m encouraged by the progress we’ve made as a country and the work I’m doing in Congress to improve the lives of my constituents... More
- Spring is almost here in Washington. That means warmer temperatures and the annual Cherry Blossom Festival, which is quite beautiful and draws folks from all over the country. As we all look forward to flowers blooming and hope for more rain at home, I’m pleased to once again report back to you about what I... More
- Hello and Happy New Year! I hope this note finds you happy and healthy. I wanted to share a few thoughts with you as I look forward to working for you in the coming year. State of the Union Along with many of you, I watched President Obama give his State of the Union speech... More
Jerry's BlogVIEW ALL -
- Background Most people understand that our government needs to be more efficient and effective. The Tea Party grew feverishly in 2009 because of concerns over high taxes and government spending, helping to win a majority in the House of Representatives and many state legislatures in the 2010 elections. I know there are problems with our... More
- The debate around the agreement between the United States, its allies, and Iran to curtail the Iranian nuclear weapons program has illustrated a disturbing, partisan trend in American politics today. Since President Obama first announced the agreement, we have seen Republicans in Congress declare their opposition to it in lock step, with not a sing... More
- This week we considered three major bills on the House floor, all three of which are Republican message bills, and I had several significant committee hearings. I will discuss the bills first. 1. H.R. 1734, “Improving Coal Combustion Residuals Regulation Act of 2015”. My friend David McKinley, a Republican from West Virginia brought it to... More