I am committed to serving the 9th District and want to hear directly from you about your thoughts and ideas.
I will continue to work tirelessly to help create jobs, improve benefits for veterans and current service members, and stand up for what’s right for our region, including balancing our budget while preserving Social Security and Medicare.
Latest PostsVIEW ALL -
- Spring is almost here in Washington. That means warmer temperatures and the annual Cherry Blossom Festival, which is quite beautiful and draws folks from all over the country. As we all look forward to flowers blooming and hope for more rain at home, I’m pleased to once again report back to you about what I... More
- Hello and Happy New Year! I hope this note finds you happy and healthy. I wanted to share a few thoughts with you as I look forward to working for you in the coming year. State of the Union Along with many of you, I watched President Obama give his State of the Union speech... More
- Dear friends, With the holidays upon us and the end of 2014 fast approaching, I wanted to update you on what I’ve been up to and make sure we stay in touch heading into the new year and new Congress. Our Victory Because of your support and encouragement, I’ll be heading back to Washington for... More
Jerry's BlogVIEW ALL -
- Partisan Legislation These two weeks produced partisan bills that would be vetoed if they ever pass the Senate. I will get to some very good news later, but first I will discuss the partisan legislation we were treated to. The sequester, which has been in place for 3 years, puts strict appropriations limits for federal... More
- Background The Energy and Commerce Committee (E&C) over May 3 – May 9 embarked on a Congressional Delegation (CODEL) to the European Cities of Lisbon, Portugal; Brussels, Belgium; and Kiev (also spelled Kyiv), Ukraine. The purpose of the CODEL was to allow members of E&C to get a close-up understanding of the energy situation in... More
- House Floor votes last week consisted of bills to increase the vulnerability of low-income home buyers and a bill that would increase the deficit by extending large tax breaks to the wealthiest Americans, each of which I opposed. Committee The Subcommittee on Energy and Power held a hearing on the Administration’s Clean Power Plan designed... More