Sunday, October 2nd, 2016
12:00pm to 3:00pm
Congressman Jerry McNerney’s
BBQ Rib Cook-off
Crossing of American St. & E. Magnolia St.,
Stockton, CA 95202 (map)
- What: Congressman Jerry McNerney’s 3rd Annual BBQ Rib Cook-Off
- Date: October 2nd, 2016
- Event Time: 12:00 PM- 3:00 PM
- Set-up Time: Door open at 9:00 AM
- Judging: 1:30PM
- Awards Presentation: 2:30PM
- New Location: University Park, Stockton CA (crossing of American St. & E. Magnolia St.)
- Grill & Utensils: You are responsible for bringing your own equipment
- Quantity prepared: 3 baby backs minimum but more is encouraged
- Team Size: Chief Cook and up to 3 assistants.
- Ribs: Baby backs
To participate in the rib cook-off contest,REGISTER HERE
All teams in the BBQ Rib Contest must have pre-registered by filling out the registration form by Monday, September 19th. All entries must be cooked on the venue in the designated cooking area. You may season or prepare the meat as you see fit. Cooking can be done on a charcoal, wood fired, wood pellet, or propane cooker of any design. Participants will be given customized aprons.
Note: You are responsible for observing prudent temperature and sanitary requirements.
- Each team will consist of a Chief Cook and up to three assistants.
- Each team will bring their own products, including meat, seasonings, and cooking equipment.
- All cooking and on-site seasoning of the product shall be done within the confines of the team’s assigned cooking space.
- Each team will receive a 10×10 space to cook in. Small “easy up” style tents (canopy) or umbrellas are highly recommended for shade.
- Contestants must adhere to all electrical, fire, health and other codes whether local, county, state or federal.
- No cooking before 9:30 AM
- 9:00 AM – Team Check In (open window from 9:00am – 10:30am)
- 1:00 PM – Ribs for Public sampling (your ribs can be ready for sampling sooner)
- 1:30 PM – Ribs for Public sampling Judging – Ribs (Baby Backs)
- 2:30 PM – Awards Presentation
- Each team will be assigned a 10×10 space. 1 or 2 BBQ pits allowed.
- The main gate will be used to drop off any equipment(s). No vehicles are allowing in the cooking area, except for loading/unloading.
- Generators are not allowed.
- Participants are to bring a serving table (folding table is fine).
- Blind judging containers will be handed out at registration.
- Teams must cook a minimum 3 racks of ribs (baby backs). Ribs remaining after the turn in are to be handed out as free samplers for the general public. More than 3 baby backs may be cooked if desired.
- A designated official will collect rib samples at 1:30 p.m.
- Entries will be judged by a judging team of 3 judges. They will be scored in the areas of Appearance, Tenderness/Texture and Taste. The scoring system is 10(Excellent) to 1 (bad). All whole numbers between 1 and 10 may be used to score an entry.
- If you choose to use a sauce with your ribs, it must be applied to the ribs.
- Marking or sculpting of any kind, of the meat or of the container, will not be allowed.
Rib Contest Prizes
- 1st Place – Dinner for 4 with Congressman McNerney
- 2nd Place – 4 seats to a Stockton Heat game
- 3rd Place – BBQ Set
If you are having trouble contributing.
Please call us at (209) 910-5721 or send an e-mail to email@example.com
If you prefer to send a check,
then please make the check out to "McNerney for Congress" and mail it to:
McNerney for Congress Committee P.O. Box 690371 Stockton, CA 95269